9.19.2011

The last days of New England Hummingbirds

I'll start by saying that Fall is my most favorite season here in New England. Cool sunny days, crisp nights, beautiful foliage... it's the best. But there is one part that makes me sad, the migration of my summer friends and garden visitors, the Ruby Throated Hummingbirds that visit my feeder and flowers. As an ode to these quirky, wonderful little birds who make me so happy whenever I see them, I put together a quick video of the best of my photos from the last few months.




And as Fall leads to Winter, I'll keep this great quote about Hummingbirds (care of Papyrus Card Co) close at hand and wait for their return in the Summer of 2012.


The Hummingbird
Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration. Hummingbirds open our eyes to the wonder of the world and inspire us to open our hearts to loved ones and friends. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to open our hearts to loved ones and friends. Like a hummingbird, we aspire to hover and to savor each moment as it passes, embrace all that life has to offer and to celebrate the joy of everyday. The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment