4.08.2009

Looking for Spring

I'm trying to keep hope alive that it will feel more like Spring one day. Truly, the calendar says April 8th, but it feels more like October 8th. It's down right chilly! And... wait for it... there were reports of snow flurries this morning in Rhode Island. So, to give us all a bit of hope I offer this picture of flowers I saw breaking through this past Sunday on my photo hike at Hammond Pond in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. The day started sunny then moved to cloudy and finally ended sunny and warmer. But the morning felt more like Fall than Spring.


Overall, there wasn't a lot blooming but it was still a good day - lot's of good walking/hiking and a great group of people for the event. I took the opportunity to use my macro lens all day (Sigma 105mm 1:2.8). It's a fun lens, lets me get close for extreme detail but then if at a distance, can still bring things closer like the pond reed below.

So while the day was fun and productive, I continue to watch for the true signs of Spring. The tulips! They are popping up but have yet to bud. I'll keep the watch out - and post what I find.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle! Your top photo really caught my eye!

    Got your card today. I'm looking forward to connecting again. When are you available?

    Hope things are going well with your venture.
    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete